DC4RD report from today’s Legislative meeting at the DC City Council hearing, and the second vote as to the city’s proposed 2020 $15B Budget:
- The Council shifted some monies ($25M, down from $30M) as taken from the EventsDC reserves to be given to the DC Housing Authority (DCHA).
Public Housing repairs still underfunded by more than $280M.
- The Council voided the $42M 20-year tax abatement for the Adams Morgan hotel. https://twitter.com/CM_Silverman/status/1133437668833071104
- The Council significantly under funds EOR schools. https://twitter.com/MarkusSBOE/status/1133447981460590592
- The Council partially funds United Medical Center (~$25M). https://twitter.com/AndrewGiambrone/status/1133402552370946048
- The Council supports Mayor’s plans for Banneker HS and Shaw MS.
Photo attached of #FIXPUBLICHOUSING now! Rally on the steps of the John A. Wilson building, May 28th, 10AM